Third grade is a big transition year for students. During this transition year, students work is critiqued more critically and assigned grades depending on the quality of their work. We will be working to prepare the students for their first EOG test. If expectations are met, I promise to do everything in my power to make sure they are engaged, learning, and having fun everyday. They will be more than prepared for the EOG at the end of the year if we all work together, in a partnership to grow the minds of your student!
- Come to school prepared and ready to learn!
- Complete all your homework and assignments to the best of your ability.
- Turn in assignments and homework on time.
- Be respectful to all people and things!
- Talk with your student everyday. It is important for the conversations that we have at school continue at home. Ask them what they learned today, what activities they participated in, what their favorite part of the day was, etc.
- Read with your students as much as possible. Reading is a lifelong skill that students need to practice many times everyday. Hearing good reading being modeled and having someone to help them with their reading helps them to develop as a reader. Engage them in a conversation about what they are reading by asking questions like: What was your favorite part and character? Have them to re-tell the story. ETC...
- I will engage your students in every way possible. With the pressures of testing and meeting requirements, being a kid and having the opportunity to explore is sometimes lost. I want school to be something that students look forward to everyday.
- Provide support for parents and students. I understand that every home is different for each student. I promise to provide time for students and parents after school for extra help or explanation on any topic. I am here to help!
- Teach! I promise to be prepared everyday with the content and materials I will need to efficiently teach and guide my students.